Am I in an Abusive Relationship? YES or NO
We all do things at times that we regret and which causes unhappiness to those that we love and care about but if this begins to form a consistent pattern then it is an indication of domestic violence and abuse.
► Answer the following questions YES or NO …
• Is your partner trying to keep you from seeing your friends or your
• Does your partner constantly check up on you or even follow you ?
• Does your partner constantly belittle or humiliate you or regularly
criticise or insult you ?
• Are you ever afraid of your partner ?
• Has your partner ever destroyed any of your possessions
• Has your partner ever hurt or threatened you or your children ?
• Has your partner ever forced you to do something that you really did
not want to do ?
• Has your partner ever tried to prevent you from taking necessary
medications or seeking medical help when you felt that you needed
• Has your partner ever tried to control you by telling you that you
could be deported because of your immigration status ?
• Has your partner ever threatened to take your children away or said
he would refuse to let you take them with you ?
• Has your partner ever forced or harassed you to have sex with him
or with other people? has he made you participate in sexual
activities that you were uncomfortable with ?
• Has your partner ever tried to prevent you leaving the house ?
• Does your partner blame his use of alcohol or drugs, mental health
conditions or family history for his behaviour on you ?
• Does your partner control your use of alcohol or drugs, for example
by forcing your intake or by withholding those particular substances
– alcohol or drugs ?
If you answered YES to one or more of the above questions then this is a very strong indicator that you may be experiencing domestic abuse!
• You can call the national domestic violence helpline, Its run in
partnership with women’s aid and refuge on 0808 2000 247
Please look after yourselves.
Shaun Mccowie – Anxious Minds
► Anxious Minds
• Visit our website: https://www.anxiousminds.co.uk
• Recovery College: https://www.recovery.anxiousminds.co.uk
• Anxious Minds Radio: https://www.radio.anxiousminds.co.uk
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/87367…
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/mindsanxious