Tackling the challenges of mental health conditions, access to care and the challenges of mental illness requires our whole community. The entire health system needs improvement, especially when it comes to serving marginalized communities. Our Panelists will discuss mental illness from a cultural perspective including access, acceptance, family participation and types of treatment.
Our panelists include:
• Brandy Jones-Thomas, LMFT – Veteran, Professor at Consumnes River College
• Kristene Smith – creator and director of the Mental Health for Boys and Men of Color initiative
• Tiffany Hunter – Mom, NAMI Sacramento Family to Family teacher
• Vanessa Cuevas-Romero – the Behavioral Health Initiatives and Services Director at Sacramento Native American Health Center
• Michael Armstrong – Peer and Founder of C.A.R.E (Community Activist Reaching Every1